9/10/10

6 - Urdhva Mukha Svanasana


Urdhva Mukha Svanasana/ Upward Facing Dog is the sixth asana in ashtanga yoga and still part of the surya namaskars.  In Chaturanga Dandasana remember you have given a full breath with ujjayi breathing? Now, take a deep breath with rolling your toes and remembering still to engage the bandhas. The thighs and the knees are not touching the floor, look up and the gaze should be between the eyebrows. The ears should be away from the shoulders as far as possible and the shoulders should be rolled back and must remain over the wrists.With an exhale and lifting your hip you will come into the next pose, Adho Mukha Svanasana/ downward  facing dog.

The image belongs to Ursula. She is a marvelous yogini and has an amazing yoga blog. A true inspiration I say..

By the way, remember I mentioned about an homeopathic cure for my allergies? It is called Jala Neti and I still think it's a miracle as long as the water does not come out from your eyes :)! Do you know that last week a doctor almost convinced me to a "minor" operation which he forgot to mention that I was gonna walk around purpe-blue faced for a month! Anyway I can breath and thankful to any yogic teachings once again. Oh the details about how to practice Jala Neti is here...

Have a good practice all the yogis and yoginis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!
Nice to hear from you!