11/30/10

Yoga and Life 3

Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana, d
Image: Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana (Half Bound Lotus Standing Forward Bend)- One of the easy ones...


Having longer arms and legs compare to your body makes some poses a piece of cake but then the poses where you cannot use this advantage turns into a struggle because you worked in an easy way with the other ones. Uhh. On my way to the yoga class this morning all I could think was that I wanted to practice neither Parivrtta Trikonasana (Revolved Triangle Pose) nor Parivrtta Parsvakonasana (Revolved Side Angle Pose). I was just like a spoiled kid, I will not will not will not practice them. Life is just easier without them and it went on and on and on. Gladly these thoughts were not there during sun salutations, but then the time came, I said ok, at least G should not come and fix the pose I will just do it quickly and will be done with them.... I usually sweat like crazy, my balance is like a ship in a storm, and my face is unhappy, my breaths are completely chaotic, man I hate these poses.. And of course G was next to me correcting, giving tips but I just told him I HATE these poses and he told me, well you can just do all the asanas in an easy way and claim that you are practicing ALL the asanas, and feel great but that you need to enjoy and learn completely each pose...

I used to compete in Snowboarding and since I was afraid or  "did not have time" to try new things because I was enjoying the things I was already doing so much, after three years of competing in free style I was bored to hell, and there was no way I could improve myself after not improving myself for three years... And all the fun is in the improving. The point is not to get done something immediately, it's about observing the road as if you are travelling, once you get there it's already finished, you have nothing left, just some applauds and self satisfaction but that does not give joy for a long time I tell you.

So I will just observe the pain, the ship in the storm, the sweat, the square hips, mounting the toes, engaging the bandhas, keeping the breath calm and deep, turning the torso, resisting with the back leg, legs active and pulling up.... Breath and remain....

And can you believe that parivrtta trikonasana is good for asthma and parivrtta parsvakonasana could cure infertility?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!
Nice to hear from you!