3/17/10

--------

Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana

EDIT: A good time to learn about maximizing reverence and minimizing violence is while struggling with a posture like Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana (Half Bound Lotus Standing Forward Bend). From yogajournel

This pose looks so hard in the beginning but once you get a bit of flexibility it can be done without much effort. The full form can be seen here. My camera does not give me enough time :) I keep feeling/ thinking that my back is straight in forward bendings. But no sir! There is an improvement but my back is still quite curly. Photos teach me...I also like to write Sanskrit names of Asanas. In this way I learn them better..

I ordered two books today. Ashtanga Yoga - The Practice Manual by David Swenson and Everyday Enlightenment by Sally Bongers. Looking forward for their arrival. David Swenson is one of the best instructors for Ashtanga Yoga. Now that I have my goal set for a full primary, I need to get each Asana right and should know the details of the practice. Bongers' book is about enlightenment/ change of ordinary people who stay ordinary after they change too. Love the idea..

Stressful factors are remaining in my life. Just waiting...

2 comments:

Hello!
Nice to hear from you!